Monday, March 1, 2010

Please Take a Moment


I am taking a breather from my sewing to ask that you take a moment to consider...

The usda is accepting public comment about GM alfalfa until this Wednesday.
Here is the USDA email page.
http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1OB?edeployment_action=changenav&navid=FEEDBACK_FORM

Here is some wording from credo:

I am writing in regard to Docket APHIS-2007-0044, and I demand that the USDA reject Monsanto's application to market genetically engineered alfalfa. The USDA may not believe it matters if GE alfalfa contaminates organic and other non-GE crops, but I certainly do.

Consumers must be able to avoid genetically engineered products. Farmers must be free of the threat of contamination and the USDA must not put organic farmers' livelihoods at risk. The USDA admits that approval of GE alfalfa will make transgenic contamination inevitable. This is unacceptable.

Therefore, I urge you to reject Monsanto's application to sell genetically engineered alfalfa.

Here is a documentary on Monsanto's "Round-Up Ready" Products, and how it relates to our food supply.
://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Future+Of+Food&st=1

No comments: