Monday, December 15, 2008

I *hate* snow


I never thought I'd say this... but today I do! Yesterday afternoon I took the kiddos down to the barn where we board Twister (the horse) to play with her a bit and clean her stall. There were light snow flurries throughout the day but I was sure it was no real threat. We left town at 5:00 and then it was starting to snow... but nothing you cant drive a safe 40 mph through. We got 1/2 mile from home to an accident. A truck & trailer was jacknifed and blocking both lanes of traffic.... and it was snowing. 2 1/2 hours later there was a good 4 inches of slippery snow on the ground and my little gas saving car wasn't about to go forward.... backwards?... sure. Sideways? you bet! But forward... Forget it! I had to be towed home. $150 (thats 3 purses in pineblossoms lingo)
So I sew. I have been pretty productive today.... cut out 4 bags! Finished 1. yay for snow.... But I hate it still.

No comments: